I understand that your privacy is important to you and that you care about how your personal data is used. I respect and value the privacy of everyone who visits this website, mikebromleywebdesign.co.uk (“My Site”) and will only collect and use personal data in ways that are described here, and in a way that is consistent with My obligations and your rights under the law.
1. Definitions and Interpretation
In this Policy the following terms shall have the following meanings:
means an account required to access and/or use certain areas and features of My Site;
means a small text file placed on your computer or device by My Site when you visit certain parts of My Site and/or when you use certain features of My Site. Details of the Cookies used by My Site are set out in Part 14, below;
2. Information About Me
This Site is owned and operated by Mike Bromley, a Sole Trader.
3. What Does This Policy Cover?
4. What Is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the UK GDPR and the Data Protection Act 2018 (collectively, “the Data Protection Legislation”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
5. What Are My Rights?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, you have the following rights, which I will always work to uphold:
- The right to access the personal data I hold about you. Part 13 will tell you how to do this.
- The right to have your personal data rectified if any of your personal data held by Me is inaccurate or incomplete. Please contact Me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to be forgotten, i.e. the right to ask Me to delete or otherwise dispose of any of your personal data that I hold. Please contact Me using the details in Part 15 to find out more.
- The right to restrict (i.e. prevent) the processing of your personal data.
- The right to object to Me using your personal data for a particular purpose or purposes.
- The right to withdraw consent. This means that, if I am relying on your consent as the legal basis for using your personal data, you are free to withdraw that consent at any time.
- The right to data portability. This means that, if you have provided personal data to Me directly, I am using it with your consent or for the performance of a contract, and that data is processed using automated means, you can ask Me for a copy of that personal data to re-use with another service or business in many cases.
- Rights relating to automated decision-making and profiling. I do not use your personal data in this way.
For more information about My use of your personal data or exercising your rights as outlined above, please contact Me using the details provided in Part 15.
It is important that your personal data is kept accurate and up-to-date. If any of the personal data I hold about you changes, please keep Me informed as long as I have that data.
Further information about your rights can also be obtained from the Information Commissioner’s Office or your local Citizens Advice Bureau.
If you have any cause for complaint about My use of your personal data, you have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office. I would welcome the opportunity to resolve your concerns myself, however, so please contact Me first, using the details in Part 15.
6. What Data Do You Collect and How?
How I Collect the Data
Identity information including Name.
Contact information including address, email address, telephone number.
Business information including business name, job title, profession.
7. How Do You Use My Personal Data?
Under the Data Protection Legislation, I must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. The following table describes how I may use your personal data, and My lawful bases for doing so:
What I Do
What Data I Use
My Lawful Basis
Supplying My services to you
Communicating with you
I will only use your personal data for the purpose for which it was originally collected unless I reasonably believe that another purpose is compatible with that or those original purpose and need to use your personal data for that purpose. If I do use your personal data in this way and you wish Me to explain how the new purpose is compatible with the original, please contact Me using the details in Part 15.
If I need to use your personal data for a purpose that is unrelated to, or incompatible with, the purpose for which it was originally collected, I will inform you and explain the legal basis which allows Me to do so.
In some circumstances, where permitted or required by law, I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent. This will only be done within the bounds of the Data Protection Legislation and your legal rights.
8. How Long Will You Keep My Personal Data?
I will not keep your personal data for any longer than is necessary in light of the reasons for which it was first collected.
9. How and Where Do You Store or Transfer My Personal Data?
I will only store your personal data in the UK. This means that it will be fully protected under the Data Protection Legislation.
10. Do You Share My Personal Data?
I will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes, subject to the following exception:
In some limited circumstances, I may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if I am involved in legal proceedings or complying with legal obligations, a court order, or the instructions of a government authority.
11. How Can I Control My Personal Data?
You may also wish to sign up to one or more of the preference services operating in the UK. The Telephone Preference Service (“the TPS”), the Corporate Telephone Preference Service (“the CTPS”), and the Mailing Preference Service (“the MPS”). These may help to prevent you receiving unsolicited marketing. Please note, however, that these services will not prevent you from receiving marketing communications that you have consented to receiving.
12. Can I Withhold Information?
You may access My Site without providing any personal data at all.
13. How Can I Access My Personal Data?
If you want to know what personal data I have about you, you can ask Me for details of that personal data and for a copy of it (where any such personal data is held). This is known as a “subject access request”.
All subject access requests should be made in writing and sent to the email or postal addresses shown in Part 15.
There is not normally any charge for a subject access request. If your request is ‘manifestly unfounded or excessive’ (for example, if you make repetitive requests) a fee may be charged to cover My administrative costs in responding.
I will respond to your subject access request within one month of receiving it. Normally, I aim to provide a complete response, including a copy of your personal data within that time. In some cases, however, particularly if your request is more complex, more time may be required up to a maximum of three months from the date I receive your request. You will be kept fully informed of My progress.
15. How Do I Contact You?
To contact Me about anything to do with your personal data and data protection, including to make a subject access request, please use the following details:
Telephone number: +44 7838 411334
I may change this Privacy Notice from time to time. This may be necessary, for example, if the law changes, or if I change My business in a way that affects personal data protection.