Case study: Essex Wasps
Essex Wasps is the wasp control unit at Pest ID, a pest control firm based near Chelmsford in Essex.
Whilst there’s a page dedicated to wasp control on the main Pest ID website, the owner wanted to have a dedicated site to promote their wasp control service, particularly during the Summer months, and so a single page website made perfect sense.
The main requirements for the website were:
- a single page wasp-themed website, using yellow and black as the main colours
- mobile friendly so that visitors can call by simply tapping a button on the screen
- SEO-friendly, to generate new organic leads from Google
- a contact form, making it easy for potential customers to get in touch
It was agreed to break the page down into the following sections:
- a slideshow with large images at the top of the page
- information on how wasps nests are removed
- a message from the company owner
- customer testimonials
- a contact form
To make it as easy as possible for visitors to get in touch, a ‘Call Now’ button was added to the bottom of the page for mobile phones only, on permanent display, and simply tapping this button calls the Essex Wasps phone number without having to manually tap the number in.
After the page was completed, an SEO audit was run which reported no issues, and the site was then made live.