Case study: Bathtub Bathrooms and Kitchens
Bathtub is an independent family business run which has been trading for over 15 years. They design, supply and install bathrooms and kitchens, and have showrooms in Chelmsford, Maldon and Rayleigh.
Their website hadn’t been updated for many years, and a website audit confirmed that there were many issues which needed fixing – particularly with regard to SEO. The site was also very difficult to navigate on mobile devices.
The owners wanted to bring their website up to date, and have it optimised to generate new leads via organic Google searches.
The site would detail their services and showcase a portfolio of their work. In the absence of any requirements to sell products or book appointments via the website, a brochureware site was deemed the most suitable.
The website was redesigned from scratch, paying particular attention to:
- updating the content
- setting up a page for each of the three showrooms
- making the site look great on mobile devices
- implementing technical SEO to ensure search engines are able to access the site and index it without any problems
- optimising the site for local SEO
- integration with social media channels
The first step was to agree the structure and theme (colour scheme, fonts etc) of the website. The owners then provided me with written copy and the images that were to be displayed on the site. After optimising the images in Photoshop, I updated the site with all of this content.
The showroom pages were then added, each containing a Google Map linking to that showroom’s profile on Google My Business. Contact forms were also added to the showroom pages, with functionality to allow customers to upload photos of the room to be renovated.
Links to the social media channels were added to the footer that’s displayed on every page of the website.
Behind the scenes, redirections were set up so that anyone trying to access a page on the old site that no longer existed was diverted to the equivalent page on the new site. This is very important for SEO.
We then agreed the meta data – the titles and descriptions that appear on the search engine results pages – and updated the site with these.
I also set the website up on Google Analytics so that the owners can monitor the traffic on their website.
An SEO audit was run when the site was launched, confirming that there were no issues with the site. I then registered the updated sitemaps with Google and Bing.